“The nations will fear the name of the Lord, all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.
For the Lord will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory.” Psalm 102:15-16
The Western Ethiopia Union mission was born in November 2019 and working forward currently with the theme of “I Will Go” plan from 2021 to 2025.
Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you, and surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matt. 28:19-20). Where the gospel has gone, people’s lives are changing and churches are being established. But there are many groups of people who have not had an opportunity to hear that God loves them.
In the Western Ethiopia Union Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, there is ONE CONFERENCE, THREE FILEDS: West Ethiopia Conference of SDA, West Central Ethiopia Field, South-West Ethiopia field, and Gambella Field. Two Institution Wollega Adventist Academy, and Gimbie Adventist Hospital.
WEUM membership is 109,427 and this Includes 3150 new souls added to the church of God by baptism. It has also 429 organized churches and 149 companies which is a totality of 578. Among these, 24 new churches were planted just in the year 2020.
Western Ethiopia Union Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church has 52 Pastors and 151 non-ordained pastors, total pastors, and evangelists are 200 who are currently working as Ministers in the union. The Union has students 4203 from two High Schools, Five Elementary and Five Kindergarten Schools.
Western Ethiopia Union Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church has 623 workers, from this159 are professional teachers.
Western Ethiopia Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventist Church 2020 Year-End Report meeting was conducted from November 16-17, 2020, and recorded for internal and archival purposes.
The meeting was conducted by presence of all field, conference and hospital officers and virtual presence of East-Central Africa Division Officers by Zoom video conference.
During the year-end meeting the following were among the activities done
- The progress report of the Union was presented by the Union Officers and departmental heads
- All fields, conference and the Hospital officers presented the progress report of their activities
- Different agendas were presented and voted by the Executive committee per the virtual presence of the ECD officers.
- Dedication of the new V8 car conducted by the Union President, Pr. Geremew Biru
The followings are plans of the Western Ethiopia Union Mission which was presented during the year-end meeting 2020:
- The WEUM will work with close follow up of the strategic plan “I Will Go” and its implementation supported by quarterly evaluation to see the timely performance of all the leaders and then workers of all the institutions under it.
- The WEUM will build a guest house of ground plus three of 40 rooms as an additional income source and give quality service for the workers and visitors of the union. The construction will be begun early 2021.
- The WEUM work toward constructing resident houses for workers and will be begun early 2021
- WEUM is committed to reach unreached territory with the team of I WILL GO committed fields and conference.
- The WEUM will work for the establishment of Hope Channel Ethiopia and AWR Branch
Note: For further communication and any comment please don’t hesitate to contact us through our contact address.