Western Ethiopia Union Mission Of Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Dear friends of God, greeting to you all. It is my humble privilege to present to you that the profile of the newly organized Western Ethiopia Union Mission of SDA as follows:
Chalalaki, Chalalaki road; Nekemt Town, Ethiopia
Territory: Gambela Regional State, West Shewa Zone, Horo Guduru Wollega Zone, East Wollega Zone, West Wollega Zone, Kelem Wollega Zone, Jimma Zone, Ilu Aba Bora Zone, Benishangul Gumuz Regional State.
Population: (10,242,277) based on the census conducted by central statistical Agency of Ethiopian 2007 E.C.
Native Languages –
Afan Oromo, Amharic, Gumuz, Anuak, Nuer, Oppo, Komo etc
Statistics: Churches 419 Companies 129
The Western Ethiopian Union Mission whose head-quarter is now situated in Nekemte town which is about 320KM away from the capital of the country. Basically, was a part of the former Ethiopia Union Mission; the Ethiopia Union mission was divided into the Eastern and Western Ethiopia Union missions as separate entities in the late 2019 G.C. It is the subsidiary of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD) of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Church (SDA) and is established for the purpose of facilitating the proclamation of the everlasting gospel, in the context of the Three Angels Message of Revelation 14: 6-12, to all peoples within its territory, delineates the purpose for the establishment in WEUM of Seventh-day Adventist under the following six Objectives:
1. To promote a great understanding of the Holy Scriptures by preaching the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation in all languages being spoken in the territory..
2. To Establish Schools for church members’ children and children of the community.
3. Working with schools so that all our school becomes self-supporting.
4. To organize guest houses and other appropriate institution which will, on a non-profit self-help basis, provide employment and teach skills for the members of the church and students attending our schools.
5. To promote and provide instruction in the proper habits of healthful living.
6. To do such lawful acts and things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
It is my pleasure to invite you all to have your support and prayer so that the work in this part be well established.
Gobena Belay Taye (Pastor)
WEUM of SDA Executive Secretary
Office Telephone: +251 57 660 5093
Phone: +251 911 53 0594